Saturday, October 31, 2015

I Wrote the Letter I have been DYING to write

We recently had a doctors appointment, which always makes me nervous and happy. I'm always scared that there will be bad news. I'm working on staying positive, but it can be hard. It honestly, is hard to be positive, period. While answering the typical questions, "how are you feeling?" (Which is always a two part answer, physically and mentally.) I said something that even struck me. I was discussing my fears, the doctor observed, that whole most women lose anxiety as they progress through their pregnancy, I'm likely to be the opposite. April seems like so far away. It's nice to know that we have a date already. We know that we won't go farther than April 11 for induction, but April is still a long ways away. However, every school year, April vacation rolls around and I always say, "where has the year gone?" Every year, time goes by faster and faster.  While talking, some words stumbled out of my mouth that made me think, "listen to yourself !"  It dawned on me, whether I choose to be positive or I choose to worry, the time is going to pass anyway. I have the choice. So as hard as it is, I'm going to try and choose positivity. I'm going to try and quiet the worry. 
     Our nurse in the hospital was our angel. She was amazing and knew exactly what to say. She was my voice, my cheerleader and my tissue! She advocated for me and try to make me as comfortable as possible. She also made my family comfortable and took care of James at the same time. She made sure I was never alone. When we left, we said we couldn't wait to see her at a more joyous time and we hope she will still be working at the hospital when we get pregnant again. She has kept in touch with notes, which has been nice. We have been waiting to respond to her latest correspondence so we could tell her the good news. As much as I wanted to write this letter, I kept wondering how I would word the letter that might follow. The sad one that would say how something is wrong. Morbid, right? 
   After the little pep talk with our doctor and made that statement, I went home and wrote the letter. I told her our good news and how we hope that somehow, the Stars might align and she can be our nurse again. It was scary, but I can't wait for her to recieve the letter. I can't wait for her to read the good news. I know she will be just as excited as we are. I'm not sure if she knows the impact she has had on our lives, but I hope she has some idea. 
Now I have to find some stamps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment